Social media is meant to be fun! Any TweeParties event you attend should be just that: one nest rockin' good time! It's also place to make some new friends, learn something new, ask questions and interact with other 'birds of a feather.'
NEW TO TWITTER PARTIES? Check out our "BEGINNER'S GUIDE PAGE!"
Here are some etiquette guidelines and tips to help make your TweeParties experience as enjoyable as possible!
- Do be nice to other party attendees. Don't insult or pick a fight with someone who has a different opinion or point of view.
- Don't use a party to spam people or promote a business or idea unrelated to the party.
- Don't answer a giveaway question multiple times with the hope of gaining multiple entries. All tweets after the first will not count for giveaways.
- Don't use foul or inappropriate language. Definitely not for the birds.
- Do be yourself and have fun!
- Don't worry if the party seems fast-paced and you can't keep up with everyone. Like any 'real' party you might attend, you can't be part of every conversation in every corner of the room all at once.
- Do follow the party hashtag and include it in each one of your tweets during the party so all attendees can see your tweets.
- Do use a Twitter aggregator. An aggregator is a free program that helps keep track of hashtags. Using an aggregator makes attending a party easier. Popular aggregators are: Tweet Grid, Tweet Deck, Tweet Chat or Twubs. We will e-mail a custom Tweet Grid link for each TweeParties party the day before the event. For more information on which aggregator to choose, check out our recent article about Twitter aggregators here!
- Do follow the party hosts. Each party will list a host or hosts for the event. Be sure to follow them! (You can start by following TweeParties on Twitter!)
- Do sign up to be a TweeVIP and be the first to learn about upcoming parties!
- Do contact us at email@example.com if you have any other questions or concerns!